Enroll, Register & Transfer
|School||Date||Time||Phone Number | Zoom link|
|Goleta Valley Junior High School||December 16, 2020||6 pm||
805-967-3486 | Zoom link:
|La Colina Junior High School||December 10, 2020||6 pm||805-967-4506 | Zoom link: https://sbunified.zoom.us/j/92611805728|
|La Cumbre Junior High School||December 17, 2020||6 pm||805-687-0761 | Zoom link:
|Santa Barbara Junior High School||December 7, 2020||6 pm||805-963-7751 | Zoom link:
|Dos Pueblos High School||December 8, 2020||6 pm||805-968-2541 | Zoom link:
|San Marcos High School||December 9, 2020||6 pm||805-967-4581 | Zoom link:
|Santa Barbara High School||December 14, 2020||6 pm||805-966-9101 | Zoom link:
|La Cuesta/Alta Vista High School||No event this year.||805-966-0883|
|Harding University Partnership School||805-965-8994|
|Peabody Charter School*||805-563-1172|
|Santa Barbara Charter*||805-967-6522|
|Santa Barbara Community Academy||805-687-2081|
The student transfer window is open Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2020 through Friday, Jan. 29, 2021.
2021-2022 Intradistrict Transfers
2021-2022 Intradistrict Transfer Online Application Form 2021-2022 Spanish Intradistrict Transfer Online Application
*Intradistrict Transfers are required when a student transfers from one school WITHIN the Santa Barbara Unified School District’s boundaries to another school WITHIN the district’s boundaries
The Santa Barbara Unified School District’s Board of Education values the concept of neighborhood schools but permits open enrollment within the district as resources are available. In order to transfer from one school to another (both schools located within the district’s boundaries), parents must follow specific procedures for the selection and transfer of students among district schools in accordance with law, board policy, and administrative regulation.
For those families requesting their child be transferred to another school, you will be required to submit a 2021-2022 Intradistrict Transfer Application. Applications may be obtained at the District Office, school of residence, or by clicking on the link at the top of this page.
- Transfer Application Window: Tuesday, December 1, 2020 through Friday, January 29, 2021
- Late transfer applications will not be processed until after August 1, 2021.
- No transfer applications will be accepted after August 1, 2021.
- High school students planning on applying to an Academy or other Program of Choice not in their designated school of residence must submit an Intradistrict Transfer Application by January 29, 2021 in order to be considered for enrollment. If a student is not accepted into their program of choice, a parent/guardian may cancel the transfer so that a student may return to their school of residence.
Other Transfer Forms/Change of Address
Need Support Or Have Questions? Contact the District Office
Student Services: 805-963-4338 Extensions 6276 Or 6278
Interdistrict transfers are required when a student transfers from a school OUTSIDE the Santa Barbara Unified School District’s boundaries to a school INSIDE the district’s boundaries) The Santa Barbara Unified School District’s Board of Education revised Board Policy 5117 Interdistrict Attendance. The revised policy stipulates that the district will not accept interdistrict transfer students except in specific cases, as defined in Board Policy 5117.
One-Time Enrollment – Students New to The District
If your student is new to the Santa Barbara Unified School District, or your student is returning to the District after having been enrolled somewhere else for a full school year or more, complete the online enrollment process.
The system will automatically determine the school your student will attend based on the student’s address of residence.
If you want to enroll in a different school, or if you live outside the District’s attendance boundaries, you will need to complete the transfer process in addition to the enrollment process. Please see tab above called "School Transfers" for more information. The deadline to apply for a transfer is January 29, 2021.
You will have an opportunity to enroll multiple students, if you have multiple students who are new to the District.
Documents you will need to complete the enrollment process:
- (1) A certified copy of a birth certificate or a statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth; (2) a duly attested baptism certificate; (3) a passport; or (4) when none of the above documents is obtainable, an affidavit of the parent/guardian.
- Immunization record – Include the Tdap booster shot for all new 7th graders and new students to the District
- Address verification – One of the following:
- Current property tax payment receipts or grant deed with county recorder’s stamp OR
- Rent payment receipts or lease or rental contract OR
- Utility service bill (gas, electric, water) OR
- Pay stub OR
- Voter registration OR
- Correspondence from a government agency OR
- Declaration of residency
*Kindergarten minimum age: 5 years old by September 1
*Transitional Kindergarten age: Turn five years old between September 2 and December 2
If enrolling for the first time in a Santa Barbara Unified School District school, please complete the enrollment process online. If you need any help at all, please call our Student Services team: Esther Caesar 963-4338 ext. 6278 (English) or Natali Cardenas 963-4338 ext. 6276 (English & Spanish) You may also email Esther at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Natali at: email@example.com.
Annual Registration – Enrolled Students
Prior to the beginning of each school year in the Santa Barbara Unified School District, parents and guardians of students are required to complete the registration process for their children. In families with multiple children, registration must be completed for each child individually. In addition to the District forms required by law, each school may require site-specific forms and procedures.
- Complete the steps on the Aeries Portal site. The Aeries Portal refers to the online registration process as the Data Confirmation process.
- When you first log in, you will be prompted to complete the Data Confirmation (registration) process for each student before you can view that student’s records. Click on the link to start the registration process
- You will have an opportunity to complete the online registration process for each student, if you have multiple students already enrolled in the District. To view a different student, go to Change Student in the upper-right of the Portal screen after logging in.
- Once you’ve completed the registration process, if you would like to make additional changes, go to Student Info Data Confirmation.
- Visit your school’s website for additional, school-specific registration information. Many school registration webpages are linked from within the online registration process.
Questions on enrollment, tours, events or transfers?
Enrollment and Registration Guide
Please use the questions below to help you find the most appropriate enrollment option for you and your student.