Enroll, Register & Transfer
Enrollment and Registration Guide
Please use the questions below to help you find the most appropriate enrollment option for you and your student.
- One-Time Enrollment – Students New to The District
- Annual Registration – Enrolled Students
- School Transfers
- Open House Events
If your student is new to the Santa Barbara Unified School District, or your student is returning to the District after having been enrolled somewhere else for a full school year or more, complete the online enrollment process.
Complete the steps on the Aeries Online Enrollment site:
The system will automatically determine the school your student will attend based on the student’s address of residence.
If you want to enroll in a different school, or if you live outside the District’s attendance boundaries, you will need to complete the transfer process in addition to the enrollment process. Please see tab above called "School Transfers" for more information. The deadline to apply for a transfer is January 29, 2021.
You will have an opportunity to enroll multiple students, if you have multiple students who are new to the District.
Documents you will need to complete the enrollment process:
- (1) A certified copy of a birth certificate or a statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth; (2) a duly attested baptism certificate; (3) a passport; or (4) when none of the above documents is obtainable, an affidavit of the parent/guardian.
- Immunization record – Include the Tdap booster shot for all new 7th graders and new students to the District
- Address verification – One of the following:
- Current property tax payment receipts or grant deed with county recorder’s stamp OR
- Rent payment receipts or lease or rental contract OR
- Utility service bill (gas, electric, water) OR
- Pay stub OR
- Voter registration OR
- Correspondence from a government agency OR
- Declaration of residency
*Kindergarten minimum age: 5 years old by September 1
*Transitional Kindergarten age: Turn five years old between September 2 and December 2
If enrolling for the first time in a Santa Barbara Unified School District school, please complete the enrollment process online. If you need any help at all, please call our Student Services team: Esther Caesar 963-4338 ext. 6278 (English) or Natali Cardenas 963-4338 ext. 6276 (English & Spanish) You may also email Esther at: email@example.com or Natali at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prior to the beginning of each school year in the Santa Barbara Unified School District, parents and guardians of students are required to complete the registration process for their children. In families with multiple children, registration must be completed for each child individually. In addition to the District forms required by law, each school may require site-specific forms and procedures.
- Complete the steps on the Aeries Portal registration site:
The Aeries Portal refers to the online registration process as the Data Confirmation process.
When you first log in, you will be prompted to complete the Data Confirmation (registration) process for each student before you can view that student’s records. Click on the link to start the registration process
- You will have an opportunity to complete the online registration process for each student, if you have multiple students already enrolled in the District. To view a different student, go to Change Student in the upper-right of the Portal screen after logging in.
- Once you’ve completed the registration process, if you would like to make additional changes, go to Student Info Data Confirmation.
- Visit your school’s website for additional, school-specific registration information. Many school registration webpages are linked from within the online registration process.
Questions on enrollment, tours, events or transfers?
2021-2022 Intradistrict Transfers
For parents interested in submitting a transfer application after the July 31st deadline, please visit the Student Services Department located at the main District Office, 720 Santa Barbara Street, 93101, to pick up a hard copy of the application. The Department's office hours are Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm. Please note that any applications submitted after July 2021 will only be reviewed for the second semester, which begins January 2022. Feel free to contact Student Services if you have any questions or concerns at (805) 963-4338 ext. 6276 or 6278.
Other Transfer Forms/Change of Address
Need Support Or Have Questions? Contact the District Office
Student Services: 805-963-4338 Extensions 6276 Or 6278
Interdistrict transfers are required when a student transfers from a school OUTSIDE the Santa Barbara Unified School District’s boundaries to a school INSIDE the district’s boundaries) The Santa Barbara Unified School District’s Board of Education revised Board Policy 5117 Interdistrict Attendance. The revised policy stipulates that the district will not accept interdistrict transfer students except in specific cases, as defined in Board Policy 5117.
|Harding University Partnership School||805-965-8994|
|Peabody Charter School*||805-563-1172|
|Santa Barbara Charter*||805-967-6522|
|Santa Barbara Community Academy||805-687-2081|