Student and Family Services
The Student Services Department is responsible for student records, transfers, Section 504 accommodations, school safety plans, administrative hearing panel, health services, foster youth placement, complaints, civil rights compliance, the Annual School Climate (California Healthy Kids) Survey, and Americans with Disability Act compliance.
- Health Services - [includes Whooping Cough Booster Shot Requirement Information]
- School and District Boundary Maps
- Enroll, Register & Transfer - Enrollment and Registration Process Overview
- Forms - Attendance Forms, Other Transfer Forms/Change of Address, Complaint Procedures, Student Records]
- Students - Student Attendance, Student Safety, Task Force on School Climate and Safety, Title IX, Work Permits
ShaKenya Edison has worked throughout California in TK-12 and high school only districts in various Student & Family Services leadership roles since 2010. She is committed to transforming education to improve overall experiences and life outcomes for students, families, and the community-at-large. She is committed professionally and personally to improving systems through partnership, capacity building and focusing on equity and justice in policies, practices and access. She is a UCSD alum and excited to serve the students, families and staff of Santa Barbara Unified School District in the role of Assistant Superintendent of Student and Family Services.
John Schettler has worked for the Santa Barbara Unified School District since 2005. He is dedicated to supporting students and families as they navigate the school system. Prior to his current role as Executive Director of Student and Family Services, he provided years of leadership for the District's Special Education Program. He is a UCSB alum and fan of the L.A. Lakers and Dodgers.
805-963-4338 ext. 6248