Course Catalog / Course Selection
Our goal is to ensure that students are able to leave our schools and have an opportunity to be productive and independent members of society, whether that be to enter a competitive workforce or to advance through higher education. In support of that goal, our plan is to prepare every student for both college and career.
Our electronic course catalog provides all students, parents and staff a consistent view of our course offerings and how they lead to college and career readiness for all students. The catalog illustrates different paths available to all students.
The Course Catalog is available to the public.
Our student information system, Aeries, provides all current and incoming students with a platform to select courses for the upcoming school year. Parents can review the courses that their students select through Aeries as well.
See below for instructions on selecting courses in Aeries.
Aeries requires a username and password to access. If you are having trouble accessing Aeries:
Your school will be providing you with a timeline and instructions for selecting courses for the upcoming school year. Please wait to receive instructions.
IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS FOR STUDENTS
When you select courses as part of this process, that does not necessarily guarantee that you will be able to take the courses that you select. Once all students have finished selected courses, schools count the number of students who have selected each course. If not enough students have selected a particular course, it may not be possible to fund that course, and it may therefore not be offered. If that occurs, your school may contact you to determine an alternate selection.
AERIES INSTRUCTIONS FOR STUDENTS
Note: These instructions assume you have already determined the courses you would like to take for the next school year. If you are not sure what courses you would like to take, please wait for guidance from your counselor.
As you go through this process, be sure to reference the guidance you received from school staff on the courses you should select.
- Log into Aeries.
- Ensure that the name of the school at the top of the screen reflects the school that you will be attending next year. If you will be attending a different school next year from the one displayed, go to Change Student in the upper-right of the screen and pick the item associated with your school for next year.
- Go to Student Info > Course Requests Entry
- In the Filter Courses section on the right, search either by the name or subject area of the course you want to select.
- Click on the name of the course you want to select, click OK and it will appear on the left side of the screen.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you have selected all of the courses you want to take next year.
- Review your course selections and confirm that everything is correct. If you need to remove a course you selected, click on the red “X” button to the left of the course.
After you select your courses, your counselor will review and contact you if they have any questions.
Tutorial Video for Students
Tutorial Video for Parents
If you have any questions, please contact your school. If you are currently attending an elementary school, or attending a school outside the Santa Barbara Unified School District, please contact the secondary school you expect to attend in the next school year (2017-18).