Along with closing in on the completion of Santa Barbara High’s Peabody Stadium, Principal Elise Simmons shared that she has recently made a number of critical position appointments and hires at the campus.
- Sky Adams has been named Director of SB High’s Computer Science Academy, taking the reins from Richard Johnston. Ms. Adams earned her BS in Computer Science from Brown University and her Masters of Education from UCSB. She has taught four of SBHS’s six computer science classes and is passionate about sharing her love for this field with her students. Read more about Sky Adams.
- Todd Heil has been named SB High’s new Athletic Director. Many know Mr. Heil as a Social Science/History teacher and head boy’s soccer coach for the past 21 years. He has also been a collegiate girls soccer coach for more than two decades, CIF Model Coach of the Year, and a member of the CIF Southern Section Advisory Board for over a decade.
- Shea Peinado has been named the new co-director of SB High’s Multimedia Art and Design Academy joining the MAD leadership team composed of AJ Henning, Dana Valikai, Dean DePhillipo, and Esme Estrada. Along with years of teaching experience, Peinado joins us with years of teaching experience as well as industry experience in the field of filmmaking, photography, and screenwriting. She will be joining the dynamic MAD Academy team of AJ Henning, Dana Valikai, Dean DePhillipo, and Esme Estrada as the new co-director and teacher in the MAD Academy.
- Daniel Dupont was officially named SB High’s Assistant Principal. He had served in an interim role this past year. Dupont has been an educator for 20 years, spending most of those years as a highly effective Spanish teacher and most recently as the Curriculum and Instruction Assistant Principal at a high school that is very similar to SBHS.
- Kelly Ball is entering into her second year at SBHS, but her 7th year in teaching. She will be our new Associated Student Body (ASB) teacher/director focusing on building school culture and communication. She will continue to coach our freshman girls volleyball team and teach in the Social Science / History department.
- Sherri Bryan joins the SBHS family as the new librarian teacher, replacing Marsha Barr, who has retired after 21 years. Prior to SBHS, Ms. Bryan served as the librarian teacher at San Marcos High School for past 8 years.
- Later this month, we will hire a new Theater teacher / director, replacing Otto Layman, who has retired after 21 years.
“After 2 years leading this amazing campus, I’m so pleased to have continuing and new educators who will step into leadership positions to serve our students and families at the highest level,” said Simmons.