- Grades Served: 7-8
- Address: 4025 Foothill Road, Santa Barbara, CA 93110 | Map
- Phone: (805) 967-4506
- Fax: (805) 967-3056
- TDD: (805) 967-4506 x120
- Principal: Mr. David Ortiz
- E-mail: email@example.com
- School Mascot: Lions
- School Colors: Green and White
- Website: www.lcjhs.org
La Colina Junior High School was constructed on a 29-acre site and opened in September 1959. Originally operated as a three-year school, La Colina became a two-year junior high in 1981. La Colina is set back from Foothill Road, near the San Marcos Pass highway, with views of the mountains and the ocean.
La Colina Junior High has many recognition programs designed to encourage hard work, good study habits, and academic achievement. The student recognition program is comprehensive and serves to acknowledge the special accomplishments of a wide variety of students. La Colina strives to promote all students to high school by the end of the eighth grade. Those who fail to meet District requirements must complete courses in summer school before they can transfer.
About 20% of La Colina students are enrolled in the Gifted and Talented Education (GATE) program. Advanced classes are available for qualified students in all academic areas: science, math, English, and social studies. Other program highlights include a state-of-the-art industrial technology classroom; an English Language Learner program; courses in Spanish, French, and Latin; comprehensive performing arts and music programs. All programs, including the Gifted and Talented Education program and special education, are continually evaluated to assure they are meeting student needs.
California Distinguished School (1999)
Feeder Schools and their District
- El Camino Elementary School – Goleta Union School District
- Foothill Elementary School – Goleta Union School District
- Hollister Elementary School – Goleta Union School District
- Hope Elementary School – Hope School District
- Monte Vista Elementary School – Hope School District
- Mountain View Elementary School – Goleta Union School District
- Vieja Valley Elementary School – Hope School District