One-time Enrollment – New District Students
If your student is new to the Santa Barbara Unified School District, or your student is returning to the District after having been enrolled somewhere else for a full school year or more, click the button below to be taken to the enrollment system, Aeries Online Enrollment.
Annual Registration – Enrolled Students
If you do not already have an Aeries Portal account, please click here.
Enrollment Process Overview
- Complete the steps on the Aeries Online Enrollment site.
- The system will automatically determine the school your student will attend based on the student’s address of residence. If you want to enroll in a different school, or if you live outside the District’s attendance boundaries, you will need to complete the transfer process in addition to the enrollment process. You will be enrolled in your school of residence until your transfer is approved.
- You will have an opportunity to enroll multiple students, if you have multiple students who are new to the District.
- Bring additional documents to the school site to complete the enrollment process:
- Birth certificate or passport
- Immunization record – Include the newly required Tdap booster shot for all new 7th graders and new students to the District
- Address verification – One of the following:
- Current property tax payment receipts or grant deed with county recorder’s stamp OR
- Rent payment receipts or lease or rental contract OR
- Utility service bill (gas, electric, water) OR
- Pay stub OR
- Voter registration OR
- Correspondence from a government agency OR
- Declaration of residency
Kindergarten minimum age: 5 years old by September 1
Transitional Kindergarten minimum age: 5 years old between September 2 and December 2
Registration Process Overview
- Complete the steps on the Aeries Portal site. The Aeries Portal refers to the online registration process as the Data Confirmation process.
- When you first log in, you will be prompted to complete the Data Confirmation (registration) process for each student before you can view that student’s records. Click on the link to start the registration process.
- You will have an opportunity to complete the online registration process for each student, if you have multiple students already enrolled in the District. To view a different student, go to Change Student in the upper-right of the Portal screen after logging in.
- Once you’ve completed the registration process, if you would like to make additional changes, go to Student Info > Data Confirmation.
- Visit your school’s website for additional, school-specific registration information. Many school registration webpages are linked from within the online registration process.
- Sign the pre-populated Emergency Card that you printed from the site, and bring it to your school’s packet return day.
Questions on enrollment, tours, events or transfers? Contact your school.