One-time Enrollment – New District Students
New Student Enrollment Period: December 1, 2016–January 31, 2017
Flier – New Student Enrollment
If your student is new to the Santa Barbara Unified School District, or your student is returning to the District after having been enrolled somewhere else for a full school year or more, click the button below to be taken to the enrollment system, Aeries Online Enrollment.
If your student was enrolled in the Santa Barbara Unified School District for the 2015-16 school year, you do not need to go through the new enrollment process again for that student. Instead, see the Registration column to the right. Complete this process only for students new to the District.
Enrollment Process Overview
- Complete the steps on the Aeries Online Enrollment site.
- The system will automatically determine the school your student will attend based on the student’s address of residence. If you want to enroll in a different school, or if you live outside the District’s attendance boundaries, you will need to complete the transfer process in addition to the enrollment process. You will be enrolled in your school of residence until your transfer is approved.
- You will have an opportunity to enroll multiple students, if you have multiple students who are new to the District.
- Bring additional documents to the school site to complete the enrollment process:
- Birth certificate or passport
- Immunization record – Include the newly required Tdap booster shot for all new 7th graders and new students to the District
- Address verification – One of the following:
- Current property tax payment receipts or grant deed with county recorder’s stamp OR
- Rent payment receipts or lease or rental contract OR
- Utility service bill (gas, electric, water) OR
- Pay stub OR
- Voter registration OR
- Correspondence from a government agency OR
- Declaration of residency
Kindergarten minimum age: 5 years old by September 1
Transitional Kindergarten minimum age: 5 years old between September 2 and December 2
Annual Registration – Enrolled Students
There is no District registration packet to download and print from the website this year, as there has been in the past. Instead, the District offers parents an opportunity to complete the annual registration process online through Aeries, our student information system.
If you do not already have an Aeries Portal account, you should receive an email with a username and default password shortly. For more information, please click here.
Registration Process Overview
Prior to the beginning of each school year in the Santa Barbara Unified School District, parents and guardians of students are required to complete the registration process for their children. In families with multiple children, registration must be completed for each child individually. In addition to the District forms required by law, each school may require site-specific forms and procedures.
- Complete the steps on the Aeries Portal site. The Aeries Portal refers to the online registration process as the Data Confirmation process.
- When you first log in, you will be prompted to complete the Data Confirmation (registration) process for each student before you can view that student’s records. Click on the link to start the registration process.
- You will have an opportunity to complete the online registration process for each student, if you have multiple students already enrolled in the District. To view a different student, go to Change Student in the upper-right of the Portal screen after logging in.
- Once you’ve completed the registration process, if you would like to make additional changes, go to Student Info > Data Confirmation.
- Visit your school’s website for additional, school-specific registration information. Many school registration webpages are linked from within the online registration process.
- Sign the pre-populated Emergency Card that you printed from the site, and bring it to your school’s packet return day.
Questions on enrollment, tours, events or transfers? Contact your school.